Parents are the best supports and advocates for their children. There is a multitude of ways to get involved in creating a healthy environment for children.
PTO/PTA – Taking part in your school’s Parent Teacher Organization is a great way to get engaged. Information can be found on the National Parent Teacher Organization
or on your school’s website.
RCSD Office of Parent Engagement
– The Rochester City School District Office of Parent Engagement works to engage parents to build family-school partnerships for student success.
All Pro Dad
– All Pro Dad is working to bring a focus to fathers around the world. Programs host regular meetings to encourage meaningful conversation to strengthen relationships and the roll of fathers.
Greater Rochester PLTI
- Through the parent leadership training institute, parents learn that their voices are influential and that they can produce positive change for children within their community.
RCSD Parent Advisory Council (PAC)
- Helps parents become the leaders they would like to be for children and families.
- Develops communities of parents that support one another in skill development and successful parent action for children.
- Facilitates systems change for parental involvement with increased utilization of parents in policy and process decisions.
- PAC is the official parent advisory group of the Rochester
City School District. They work in collaboration with the Office of Parent Engagement and provide recommendations to the Board of Education, the Superintendent’s Office, and various district departments.