Stir Fry Surprise
Prep time: 20 minutes
Number of servings: 2
What you need:
2 scallions, thinly sliced
1 red pepper
2 teaspoons soy sauce
1⁄2 teaspoon powdered or fresh ginger
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
Thinly sliced fruit for decoration
Equipment and supplies needed:
Cutting board and knife
Wok or large skillet
Heat-proof mixing spoon
1. Cut carrot, scallions and pepper lengthwise into fine strips, all roughly the same thickness.
2. Mix vegetables in a bowl and add soy sauce and ginger.
3. Take pineapple and cut the top off (but don't discard). Using a pineapple corer, core pineapple, discard core and cut remaining fresh pineapple into inch cubes.
4. In a wok or large non-stick skillet, heat 2 tablespoons vegetable oil until very hot.
5. Add the vegetable mixture and stir fry for about 5 minutes until cooked.
6. Add the cubed pineapple and cook for about 2 to 3 more minutes.
7. Place the pineapple shell onto a large plate and put the cooked vegetable and pineapple stir fry into the shell.
8. Put the pineapple lid back on and decorate the plate with some colorful sliced fruit on either side to make look like a fruit bowl.
Recipe Source: sproutonline.com