Pizzadillas With Red Sauce
Prep Time: 10-15 minutes
Number of serving: 4
What you need:
4 whole-wheat tortillas (8 inches)
2/3 cup fresh or frozen spinach, finely chopped
2/3 cup part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
1 cup marinara sauce (store-bought or homemade)
Equipment and supplies needed:
A 10- to 12-inch skillet
Thin spatula (metal preferred)
1. Lay 2 tortillas on a flat surface. Divide spinach and cheese between the tortillas.
2. Top with remaining 2 tortillas.
3. Place skillet over medium heat. Lightly coat pan with cooking spray.
4. Gently slide 1 pizzadilla into the pan and cook until light golden brown on one side (about 1-2 minutes).
5. Using a thin spatula, gently flip over the pizzadilla and cook for 30-60 seconds more or until cheese is fully melted.
6. Remove pizzadilla and cut into triangles. Repeat with remaining pizzadilla.
7. Serve with marinara sauce for dipping.
8. You can wrap and refrigerate leftovers to take to school for lunch.
Recipe Source: Kids Health from Nemours.