Perfect Pineapple Pops Recipe
Prep time: about 1-2 hours
Number of servings: 6
What you need:
2 c. plain yogurt
½ c. canned crushed pineapple (packed in its own juice instead of packed in syrup)
1 can frozen pineapple or orange-pineapple juice concentrate, thawed
Equipment and supplies needed:
small paper cups
wooden popsicle sticks (available at craft stores)
1. Drain the can of crushed pineapple so all the juice runs out.
2. Put all the ingredients in the bowl and mix together.
3. Spoon the mixture into the paper cups. Fill them almost to the top.
4. Stretch a small piece of plastic wrap across the top of each cup.
5. Using the popsicle stick, poke a hole in the plastic wrap. Stand the stick straight up in the center of the cup.
6. Put the cups in the freezer until the mixture is frozen solid.
7. Remove the plastic wrap and peel away the paper cup. You'll have pineapple pops to eat and share!
Nutritional analysis (per serving):
4 g protein
1 g fat
36 g carbohydrate
0 g fiber
5 mg cholesterol
62 mg sodium
136 mg calcium
0.1 mg iron
Note: Nutritional analysis may vary depending on ingredient brands used.
Recipe Source: Kids Health from Nemours.