Incredible Edible Veggie Bowls
Prep time: 10 minutes
Number of servings: 1
1 green, yellow, or red pepper, washed
1 bunch of celery, washed
1 carrot, washed and peeled
Your favorite salad dressing
Equipment and supplies needed:
1. Cut the pepper in half (from side to side). Clean out the seeds and gunk from the inside. Now you have two pieces. One will be your pepper-shaped bowl.
2. Cut the other half of the pepper into skinny slices.
3. Cut the carrot into skinny sticks about 4" long.
4. Cut celery into skinny sticks so each one is about 4" long.
5. Put a little salad dressing in the bottom of your pepper bowl.
6. Put celery sticks, carrot sticks, and pepper slices into the pepper bowl.
7. Now you've got a portable veggie treat! You can pull out the veggies and eat them with a little dressing. Then when you're finished with the veggies, it's time to eat the bowl!
8. Next time, try making a tomato boat by hollowing out half a tomato. Put a little ranch dressing in the bottom. Add a carrot stick mast and snow pea sailors.
Serving size: 1 veggie bowl
Nutritional analysis (per serving):
3 g protein
1 g fat
22 g carbohydrate
4 g fiber
0 mg cholesterol
98 mg sodium
71 mg calcium
0.7 mg iron
Note: Nutritional analysis may vary depending on ingredient brands used.
Recipe Source: Kids Health from Nemours.