Healthy Food Basics
The link between healthy food and healthy kids is clear.Take these action steps to get on the road to healthy eating:
- Create a weekly meal plan using similar fruits and veggies in
- Divide treats into single-serving portions using the nutitional information on the label to avoid overindulging.
- Let your kids help make meals and snacks (Try these free recipes).
- Make healthy foods for kidsavailable, so they’re the first things
kids reach for.
- Limit the amount of unhealthy snacks at home. If it’s not in the house, your family can’t eat it!
- Avoid the “clean your plate” rule. Start with a small serving and let your child ask for seconds.
When eating out…
- Pick healthy meals ahead of time by checking out the restaurant’s onlinemenu.
- Order fruits and veggies for your own meal. Kids will mirror your behavior.
- Choose salads, broth soups or veggies (not fried) as appetizers.
- Make special dietary requests or ask for healthier substitutions if necessary.
- Let your kids share a meal if the portion sizes are too big.
- Get even more tipsfor dining out.
Make Changes Now!